Registering with Us

Accountable / Named GP for All Patients

All patients registered at Wide Way Medical Centre have a named doctor who has overall responsibility for your care and support. Your registered GP is also your named accountable and your allocated GP. Your allocated GP will be responsible for the provision of your healthcare. If you choose to see another doctor at the surgery you are entirely free to go on doing so exactly as before.

If you are unsure of who is your named Doctor please ask at reception

New patients are allocated a Doctor on Registration.

Practice Catchment Area

The practice area is shown with our catchment area marked in red. Click on the map and enter your postcode to check if you live within our catchment area.

If you are unsure, you can also contact reception to confirm.

If you change your name and address or telephone number please inform us as soon as possible. If you move out of the practice area, you will be required to re-register with a more local practice.

How to Register as a Patient

If you live in our practice catchment area you can join our list.

If you would like to register with our practice, call into reception during surgery hours. Please bring:

  • A completed GMS 1 form
  • 1 x Photo identification (eg Passport or Driving Licence)
  • 1 x Utility bill or bank statement sent to your current address, which you have received within the last three months.

The GMS1 form is available from reception, or you may download from the 'Registration Forms' section of this page.

New Patient Health Check

All patients over five years old are asked to make an appointment for a new patient check by the health care assistant. This will only take a short time and covers past medical history, height, weight, blood pressure, lifestyle, health risk factors, and urine testing. Please bring a urine sample with you to this appointment. You will also be asked to complete a short questionnaire.

Temporary Residents

Our Doctors are happy to see patients who are temporarily resident in the 'Practice Catchment Area' should medical advice be required. In this instance persons wishing to be treated should state that they are a temporary resident when reporting to reception.

To register you will need to complete our Temporary Resident Registration form which is available from reception, or can be downloaded from the 'Registration Forms' section on this page.

Registration Forms

Permanent Patient Registration Form (GMS 1)
Temporary Patient Registration Form (GMS 3)